Many of us have to deal with the problem of having a malfunctioned or corrupted pen drive. Formatting the journey is the most honest effort made to bring back the original working condition of the pen drive. Moreover, it is advisable to format the pen drive to keep a check on the viruses, if any. So, let us see how we can format the pen drive in windows.
How to format the pen drive in Windows
Format the Pen Drive in Windows
- Plug the pen drive inside your CPU or laptop ( if you have).
- Click on Start and open My PC. Click on My Computer if you are a Windows 7 user.
- Now, move your cursor on Local Disk F, or on whatever the pen drive is named.
- Right-click on the option. Search for the Format option from the drop-down menu and open it.
- Search for the option Format and click on it. The formatting process will start and finish within a few minutes.
- The pen drive is formatted and ready tone unplugged.
For those who have the urge to regulate the task through a different process, you may format the pen drive by entering My Pc or My Computer in the Control Panel.