Emails have been a crucial part of modern life. It is one of those inventions that have dissolved in our daily lives. We can’t imagine our lives without email. And when it comes to email, Google is one of the pioneers. Gmail, Google’s emailing app/website, has recently introduced the dark mode version of its apps in Android10.
Though not every Google app has been given the option of dark mode, yet it has been launched for the Gmail app in the recent Android updated versions such as in Android 10 and Android Pie. Keeping in mind the increasing demand for dark themes in popular applications, Google has given this mysterious theme update for its users.
Steps to Enable Dark Mode in the Gmail App
The theme of Google apps usually can be changed into dark mode by changing your Operating System’s subject. But apart from that, Gmail has a separate option for the same within the app’s native settings. To enable dark mode in Gmail, here are a few simple steps:
- Open the Gmail application on your smartphone.
- Tap and open the menu on the left or swipe right to open the left sidebar.
- Scroll down and tap and open “Settings.”
- Search for the “General Settings” option and open it.
- Find and tap on the “Theme” option and change it to “Dark.” Ps: If the dark theme has already been set up, and you want the default theme, then click on “Default Theme.”
That’s it. The next time you open Gmail, you’ll be welcomed by a dark grey background, along with dark-colored inbox folders and emails.
Another greyish theme has also been introduced recently by Google for Gmail. So it’s your choice which color you would like for your Gmail. The above was the most straightforward step to activate dark mode for your Gmail.