This is the generation of privacy and security everybody loves to secure their information, it may be something personal that you want to keep it to yourselves, and it’s also the generation where people try and spread malware via new messages or calls, which we knew as spam calls and texts. Still, we don’t want unwanted calls to interrupt our day to day tasks we are doing.
Steps Block Annoying Spam Calls and Texts in Android
By any chance, if you have a google dialler installed on your phone then:-
- Open your Google dialler app.
- Search for the menu option next to the microphone icon and click on it.
- Click on the settings and then click on blocked numbers.
- Click on add number and enter the phone number you want to block.
Alternatively, you can also tap the number from your recent list and select “block or report spam,” once you block it, you won’t receive any more calls from the number chosen.
Google’s default messaging app, android messages can also add numbers to your device’s master block list.
- Simply open messenger
- Open the menu by clicking on it from the top right corner.
- Press on the blocked contacts and again press on the added number.
- Enter the number you want to block.
Also, you can long-press any singular number in your message list, and then just with a single tap on the circular “block” icon at the top right corner of your screen, and you can block it. Once again, the question, “if you want to report spam,” is going to be asked along with securing the number.
Spam calls and texts can not only disturb your day to day jobs but also pushes you towards unsolicited message sent over the internet, it is done for advertising, phishing and also sometimes for spreading malware. So we should stay away from these calls and text and protect our digital data.